A number of our Sharks were recognized this week at the Principal’s Brunch and AP Performers Breakfast. Students who earned a Level 5 on the Spring state assessments were also celebrated with an ice cream treat during lunch. Special shout out to Allison Mickey who earned a PERFECT SCORE on the U.S. History EOC. Congratulations to all of our Sharks for exemplifying excellence. Way to REP the Sharks!
Anclote High School hosted the Take Stock in Children mentors and mentees this week for our annual kick-off breakfast. The time and support the mentors provide to our students is greatly appreciated, in addition to the outstanding support of the Pasco Education Foundation in facilitating the Take Stock in Children program.
AHS would like to thank everyone who donated to our Anclote Sharks in support of those in need as a result of Hurricane Irma. We collected thousands of snacks and food items to distribute to students, as well as more than $1500 in gift cards and cash donations. The generosity of our community is greatly appreciated.
As students return to school this week following Hurricane Irma, we understand many families are still experiencing power outages and other impacts from the storm. School counselors and the social worker are available to connect families with necessary resources throughout the recovery process.
As a result of recent events, the state of Florida has made adjustments to the state testing windows, which are all reflected on the school calendar. PERT testing is this week, however, the ELA Writing Retakes have been moved to the following week.
Congratulations to Harriet Kittles and Rhonda Weaver, who were selected as parent representatives on the School Advisory Committee. The first meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 26 at 8:00.
Progress reports for the first quarter will go home with students on Friday, September 22nd.
Please join us for Shark Family Night Thursday, August 24 from 5:00 – 6:00. Students and families can meet the teachers, receive information on clubs and activities, and take a school tour! The Title 1 meeting and presentation will begin at 5:00 in the gym, followed by an open forum for families to visit with staff at their convenience. At the conclusion of our open house format, AHS will be hosting a pre-game tailgate beginning at 6:00. Capping off the night will be our JV Sharks hosting the Fivay Falcons at 7:00. We look forward to seeing everyone this Friday!
A special thank you to all of the families who were able to pick up schedules today and pay school fees. Shark families can log on to the new ACORN system to create an account and pay school fees with a credit card. This is a convenient and easy way to not only pay school fees but to make purchases throughout the school year. Those who were not able to pick up schedules during Orientation today can log in and pay fees today. Parents can also send a check or cash with students the first week of school to pay fees. We appreciate your support in the payment of fees as these funds support needs throughout the school year.
To activate your Parent Portal Account:
1. Go to https://www.studentquickpay.com/pasco/
2. Select “Activate Account”
3. Enter the email address associated with your myStudent account and select Send Email
4. This will generate an email to you to activate your account
5. Go to your email and select the link
6. Continue by creating your password and activating your account
7. Once this is completed, you will be able to see Fees and Other Items that can be purchased
- Student hours this year are 8:50-3:05, with breakfast being served from 8:25-8:45 in the cafeteria.
- Student Drop-Off is on the north side of the school at the east side of the parking lot near the gym and basketball courts. Student Drop-Off on the south side of campus is not permitted. Parking in front of the Administration building is reserved for visitors and new student registrations.
- Anclote High and Paul R. Smith students will share buses this year, which requires new bus arrival and departure patterns. We appreciate the patience of students and parents as we work together to ensure a successful transition.
- Families can contact the Transportation Call Center at 727-774-2500 with questions regarding transportation during the first two weeks.
- Students can pick up schedules and pay fees on Tuesday, August 8 from 8:30-2:00 in the gym. Families are also able to pay fees through our new online payment system, ACORN.
- School Office Hours this year are 8:00-3:30.