Please join us for Shark Family Night Thursday, August 24 from 5:00 – 6:00. Students and families can meet the teachers, receive information on clubs and activities, and take a school tour! The Title 1 meeting and presentation will begin at 5:00 in the gym, followed by an open forum for families to visit with staff at their convenience. At the conclusion of our open house format, AHS will be hosting a pre-game tailgate beginning at 6:00. Capping off the night will be our JV Sharks hosting the Fivay Falcons at 7:00. We look forward to seeing everyone this Friday!
A special thank you to all of the families who were able to pick up schedules today and pay school fees. Shark families can log on to the new ACORN system to create an account and pay school fees with a credit card. This is a convenient and easy way to not only pay school fees but to make purchases throughout the school year. Those who were not able to pick up schedules during Orientation today can log in and pay fees today. Parents can also send a check or cash with students the first week of school to pay fees. We appreciate your support in the payment of fees as these funds support needs throughout the school year.
To activate your Parent Portal Account:
1. Go to https://www.studentquickpay.com/pasco/
2. Select “Activate Account”
3. Enter the email address associated with your myStudent account and select Send Email
4. This will generate an email to you to activate your account
5. Go to your email and select the link
6. Continue by creating your password and activating your account
7. Once this is completed, you will be able to see Fees and Other Items that can be purchased
- Student hours this year are 8:50-3:05, with breakfast being served from 8:25-8:45 in the cafeteria.
- Student Drop-Off is on the north side of the school at the east side of the parking lot near the gym and basketball courts. Student Drop-Off on the south side of campus is not permitted. Parking in front of the Administration building is reserved for visitors and new student registrations.
- Anclote High and Paul R. Smith students will share buses this year, which requires new bus arrival and departure patterns. We appreciate the patience of students and parents as we work together to ensure a successful transition.
- Families can contact the Transportation Call Center at 727-774-2500 with questions regarding transportation during the first two weeks.
- Students can pick up schedules and pay fees on Tuesday, August 8 from 8:30-2:00 in the gym. Families are also able to pay fees through our new online payment system, ACORN.
- School Office Hours this year are 8:00-3:30.
The first day of school is quickly approaching! As we look forward to the start of another exciting school year there are many events and activities happening around campus. Be sure to come back to our webpage to get the latest information throughout the school year – make it your homepage today!
Class of 2021: All incoming Freshmen are invited to attend an event just for you on Wednesday, August 2nd from 8:30 -11:30 in the Shark Zone. Students will get a head start on getting to know the campus and what it means to be a Shark!
AVID Kick-Off: AVID students will be participating in a special event on Tuesday, August 1st from 9:00-12:00. AHS is excited to have our first group of AVID Graduates this year!
Cambridge Kick-Off: Cambridge students will be joining together for their very first Kick-Off Tuesday, August 1st from 12:30-3:30. AHS is looking forward to bringing this prestigious program to our Shark students.
Orientation Day: Take a tour of the school, pick up course schedules, and pay student fees during Pasco County’s Orientation Day, Tuesday, August 8th from 8:30 – 2:00 in the gym. After paying student fees, students will be able to rent lockers and apply for parking tags. Information on athletics, clubs and extra curricular activities will also be available for students. Schedules will not be available for pick up after this date. Students who are unable to pick up their schedule during this designated time must wait until the first day of school.
New Student Registration: New students can register on Tuesday, August 8th from 8:30-2:00 in the Shark Zone. Please call Mr. Buono at 727-246-3000 for possible registration appointment openings prior to August 8th.
Free & Reduced Lunch Applications: Families can apply online at https://www.myschoolapps.com. Last year’s meal eligibility status will expire after the first ten days of school. Go online and complete your application today!
Class of 2018: Are you ready for your Senior year? Be sure to stop by the Senior Suite on Orientation Day – a special area just for Seniors! Get information on a ton of senior activities and pick up your schedules in an area created just for the Class of 2018!
Several of the courses offered at Anclote High School have summer assignments that students need to complete prior to the start of school. Please check out the information below for specific course summer assignment requirements.
Semester 2 and Final Year grades, including District Finals, will be rolled into MyStudent on Saturday, May 20. Final grades will not be available prior to this date.
The preliminary Walk List for Graduation will be posted in Student Services at 12:00 on Tuesday, May 23rd. Students who are not on this list may not participate in graduation, or graduation practice, without principal approval. Students who are not on the list should contact Mrs. Billiris for additional information.
Graduation practice is this Wednesday, May 24, from 8:30-11:30 in the gym and is mandatory. Students must arrive on time to participate in practice and the graduation ceremony.
The Graduation Ceremony honoring the Class of 2017 will be held Saturday, May 27, at the University of South Florida Sun Dome. The ceremony begins at 12:30 and no tickets are needed for admission. Parking is approximately $5 and graduates must report to the corral by 11:00. For additional information, please review the letter mailed to graduates, which includes important information regarding security and USF expectation of guests.
A special thank you to Mrs. Holloman and Student Government for hosting this year’s Prom at Bayanihan on Friday, May 5th. Students danced the night away and celebrated the Class of 2017. Congratulations to Marquez Cooper and Mallory Baack, Anclote High School’s 2017 Prom King and Queen!